Let’s take care of our city’s environment together! 🌱
We’ve all seen the plastic bags and bottles lying discarded on our beautiful Hong Kong beaches😢. Sadly, most of this waste ends up in the sea, destroying the ocean’s ecosystem and even ending up back on our table via the seafood we eat.
This year edition of the “Week of the Italian Language in the World”🌏 (16-22 October 2023) will indeed focus on “Italian and Sustainability”.
In order to promote the culture of sustainability through Italian language and creativity, Dante Alighieri Society Hong Kong, Scuola Manzoni, the Italian Women’s Association (IWA) and the Italian Cultural Institute, have decided to join forces💪 and host a beach clean up.🏖️🧹
Come meet like-minded friends and help us make Hong Kong a cleaner, greener and safer place to live🙏🏼
See you there! 👉Sign up here: https://forms.gle/iX7gPssMuZqFKuQY6
Date: Sunday 22nd October 2023
Location: Nga Kau Wan Beach – Lamma Island
- 9:30 am Meet up at Central Pier 4
- 10:00 am Ferry to Yung Shue Wan
- 11:00 am Meet up at Nga Kau Wan Beach
- 11:15 am Start of activities
- 11:30 am Explanation of rules and start of the cleanup with fun competition games🏆
- 1:00 pm Waste overview, completion of waste collection and disposal of waste
- 1:30 pm Lunch and discussion on how to reduce plastic production