This course will enable you to improve and gain confidence in pronunciation and intonation in Italian. Topics covered will be pronunciation drills, working on specific sounds in Italian and use of the appropriate intonation in daily life situations; formal and informal. In order to achieve the outcomes of the course, students will be involved in a number of different activities:
The first part of the lesson will introduce students to specific Italian phonetics issues both through theory and practical activities. The second part of the lesson will be based on a communicative approach with an emphasis on listening and speaking. This part will be dedicated to real situation exercises, grammar drills, practical application and reinforcement of phonetics concepts through the use of multimedia materials, readings, conversations, role games, listening exercises, to correct pronunciation and improve fluency.
Please note that learners are expected to participate in oral activities.
Proposed course outcomes
At the end of the course you should be able to:
• Identify and reproduce different and difficult sounds in Italian
• Use the correct intonation to express yourself when asking questions, expressing
emotions, exclamations etc.
By the end of this course students will:
• be provided with detailed knowledge about Italian phonetic system
• be able to improve their abilities to read, listen, understand Italian language
• be able to express themselves with a clear and correct Italian pronunciation
• have improved their listening skills
• have a set of theory and practice tools to build up a sound knowledge Italian oral
Place: Dante Alighieri Society in Hong Kong, 1/F Honest Building, 9-11 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Date: From 28 Feb – 28 Mar 2018 (every Wednesday from 13:00 to 14:30, 7.5 hours in total)
Fee: HKD$1,000 ($900 DA member and student)
Click Here (enrollment form)