Due to the suspension of the certification process in the past months and in order to speed up the application for citizenship, DA Roma and the Italian government decided to offer a new Plida session called “Plida B1 CITTADINANZA (citizenship)” in the session of July and September 2020. The PLIDA B1 citizenship will only test the speaking part (parlare) and it can only be used for the application for Italian citizenship. For those who would like to take this exam, please pay attention to below notes.
- Only Oral exam “Parlare” will be tested, in the same method and structures of the normal Plida exam
- “Plida B1 CITTADINANZA” is not equivalent to normal Plida certification, it will be only issued in this particular time affected by the global pandemic to apply for the Italian citizenship. For those who wants to apply for universities, jobs or need an official language level certificate, they need to apply to the standard PLIDA B1 exam.
- Those who pass the exam will not be assigned a score on the certificate, it will simply show “Exam passed”
- Those who already have passed the “parlare” part in a previous exam session, cannot require the PLIDA B1 CITTADINANZA, but they have to apply again to this particular kind of exam.
- The certificate will be issued and named “Plida B1 CITTADINANZA” and can only be used for the application procedure for Italian citizenship
- Exam fees remain unchanged
- Those who apply for priority correction and fast delivery remain unchanged
|PLIDA B1 full (scenario 1)||PLIDA B1 full (scenario 2)||PLIDA cittadinanza|
|Ascoltare||Failed||Passed||/ (no test)|
|Leggere||Failed||Passed||/ (no test)|
|Scrivere||Failed||Passed||/ (no test)|
|Can apply for citizenship||No||Yes||Yes|
|Certificate of B1 level||No||Yes||No|
A. Enrollment Period:
|Exam Date||A1||A2||B1||B2||C1||C2||Deadline for application|
|Wednesday, 4 March 2020||X||Wednesday, 19 February 2020|
|Wednesday, 25 March 2020||X||X||X||Wednesday, 11 March 2020|
|Wednesday, 13 May 2020||X||X||X||Wednesday, 29 April 2020|
|Wednesday, 10 June 2020 -> changed to 2 July 2020 (Thursday)||X||X||This level is cancelled||Wednesday, 17 June 2020|
|Wednesday, 16 September 2020||X||X||X||X||Wednesday, 2 September 2020|
|Monday, 28 September 2020||X||X||Monday 14 September 2020|
|Wednesday, 18 November 2020 (TBC)||X||X||X||Wednesday, 4 November 2020|
|Thursday, 19 November 2020 (TBC)||X||X||X||Thursday, 5 November 2020|
B. Enrollment Methods:
1. Download the application form posted at the bottom of this page.
2. Complete the application form and read the notes for applicants
3. Issue a crossed cheque of the appropriate exam fee payable to "Dante Alighieri Society Limited" and mark your full name and daytime contact number on the back of the cheque. Post-dated cheque will not be accepted.
4. Send the application form and cheque to Dante Alighieri Society Limited, 1/F, Honest Building, 9-11 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. Application should arrive on or before the deadline.
C. Notes for Applicants:
1. Applicant should complete one application form for each level.
2. Late submission will not be accepted.
3. Please ensure that all parts in the form are completed and the information is accurate. In case of incorrect, incomplete or insufficient information provided by the applicant, the application will not be considered.
4. No refund will be arranged once the application is approved. Exam fee is non-transferable.
5. Successful applicant will receive confirmation letter and notification of the exam centre from our office by early May.
6. All the announcements during the test will be provided in English and Italian.
7. The personal data given on this form will be provided to Societa' Dante Alighieri to process the information for purposes relating to PLIDA exam only. Information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after rejection of the candidate's application.
8. If typhoon signal No. 8 or above or black rainstorm is hoisted on the exam day, special arrangements will be announced through our website: www.ladante.cc
9. Applicant who is physically challenged and needs special arrangement for taking the exam should notify us of this once the application is approved.
10. Please notify us if there is any correction of personal data after submission of the application form.
*According to the new policy in 2015, candidates who are going to take the PLIDA Examination must be a member of the Società Dante Alighieri. Candidate can apply for student membership, which is valid for one year. This allows candidates to re-sit the PLIDA examination, if necessary, within the calendar year without having to register again with the Società Dante Alighieri.
Download Plida Application Form