The course consists of ten modules on different topics, for students to discover and deeply understand the contemporary Italian culture, history, politics, customs and society through authentic material, texts, newspaper and social media. A complex portrait of Italy today, from the eyes of the locals.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able:
- To completely understand the complexity of contemporary Italian culture and society
- To master Italian language in different fields and to learn a large variety of vocabulary from different subjects
- To elaborate their own ideas, to share and to debate the local and global social issues in Italian
- To read and understand complex contexts, literature works and essays.
- To prepare written text on different subjects
- To deeply understand the Italian media, newspaper and social media and to get firsthand information.
- To enrich the personal cultural background to a better understanding of the contemporary worlds and society
- Italian TV – The programs and TV stars who made history
- Italy in Art and Architecture
- Mysteries of Italy
- Migrants and immigrants. The society of those who arrive and those who leave
- Men and women of this century. Five iconic characters of Italy in the 1900s
- Great sporting achievements – Sport and its characters
- Italian in contemporary songs
- Political Tribune – History of parties and major Italian political figures
- Twentieth-century poetry – Modern Italy in verse
- Writing in Italian – Basic course of creative writing
Each module has 5 lessons, 3 hours each, total 15 hours. Students are not required to take all individual modules.
No textbook. Handouts will be given by the teachers
MODE of instruction
Face-to-face learning (*Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the mode of instruction may be subject to change from face-to-face to online at the discretion of the school in accordance with the instructions from the Education Bureau and situation in Hong Kong.)
This course is suitable for any students who have completed B2 level.
Date and time
Module 1 (DA032039: Italia Oggi I ): Sat, 5/9-3/10, 10:00-13:00
Module 2 (DA032040: Italia Oggi II ): Sat, 10/10-7/11, 10:00-13:00
Module 3 (DA032044: Italia Oggi III ): Sat, 14/11-12/12, 10:00-13:00
Please call us at 2832 9799 or email us at email@example.com
Course organized by
Dante Alighieri Society in Hong Kong