This course will enable you to improve and gain confidence in pronunciation and intonation in Italian. Topics covered will be pronunciation drills, working on specific sounds in Italian (vowels, consonants, double consonants, and consonant clusters), and the use of the appropriate intonation in daily life situations. In order to achieve the outcomes of the course, students will be involved in a number of different activities.
During the lessons, students will be introduced to specific Italian phonetics issues both through theory and practical activities. The activities will be based on a communicative approach with an emphasis on listening and speaking. The students will have the opportunity to practice their skills through phonetic drills, practical application, and reinforcement of phonetics concepts with the use of notes provided by the teacher, multimedia materials, readings, and listening exercises, to correct pronunciation and improve fluency.
Please note that learners are expected to participate in oral activities.
Proposed course outcomes.
At the end of the course, you should be able to:
• Identify and reproduce different and difficult sounds in Italian
• Use the correct intonation to express yourself when asking questions, expressing
emotions, exclamations etc
By the end of this course students will:
• be provided with detailed knowledge about Italian phonetic system
• be able to improve their abilities to read, listen, understand Italian language
• be able to express themselves with a clear and correct Italian pronunciation
• have improved their listening skills
• have a set of theory and practice tools to build up a sound knowledge Italian oral
Date: 09/06, 16/06, 23/06, 30/06
Time: Thursday 19:00 – 20:30, (4 sessions, 6 hours in total)
Place: Dante Alighieri Society Limited
Fee: HKD$840 (HK$ 756 DA members and students)
*This is a package of 4 lessons. Requests for partial registration will not be granted.
For registration, please click HERE